Reusable cloths are better for the environment than paper towels. Paper towels use a lot of water to create, and these resources could be used elsewhere if we stop using them. There are many benefits to switching from paper towels to reusable cloths such as reducing waste and saving money! Below, you will find five reasons why reusable cloths are better for the environment than paper towels:
- Save Money- Paper towels cost a lot of money and you end up needing to buy more as soon as they run out. Reusable cloths can last for years, saving your family lots of money!
- Reduce Waste- Paper towel waste is never-ending; it piles up quickly in landfills all across the country. Reusable cloths can be used over and over again reducing landfill waste significantly. They also require less water than paper towels do during production so this will help conserve natural resources too!
- Save Trees- Millions upon millions of trees are given away every year to make paper towels/toilet paper alone according to Texas A&M University . It's estimated that there are about 100 million trees cut down each year just for this tissue production.
- Save Water- According to The Green Guide , it takes four liters of water to make one paper towel. If you use just three rolls a week, in one year, this would amount to almost 26,000 liters used! No wonder why so many people are switching over reusable cloths—they save time and money while saving our precious natural resources too!
- They're Better for Your Health- Using reusable cloths instead of paper towels is better for your health. There are no chemicals used in the production process which means you won't be exposed to any nasty toxins!
Paper towels are a huge contributor to the waste problem these days. You can help solve this by switching out paper towels for reusable cleaning cloths! We offer safe and effective alternatives to traditional paper products from our line of eco-friendly dish rags & sponges as well as our selection of reusable cleaning cloths. Give them a try today!